L’Association canadienne-française de l’Ontario, de Stormont, Dundas et Glengarry (ACFO SDG) actively seeking a community liaison officer
Status: Under fixed term contract
Hourly rate: Between $21 and $25 per hour
Regular work week: 40 hours
Work location: Cornwall, Ontario
A uniting organization of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry serving Francophones and Francophiles, ACFO SDG offers innovative community, cultural, recreational, and economic services within a proud and diverse community. ACFO SDG is an essential resource for Francophones and Francophiles in the Stormont Dundas and Glengarry region.
Our strategic pillars:
- Leadership and community cohesion
- Representation and collaboration with governments
- Outreach and celebration
- Organizational performance
Would you like to find this type of living environment?
- Bilingual community
- Regional economic and cultural center, halfway between Montreal and Ottawa
- Along the St. Lawrence River, an incomparable playground
We offer you a work environment:
- Non-profit organization, answering to a board of directors composed of volunteers
- Young, dynamic, creative, and committed team
- Multicultural work environment
- Regular collaboration with many community actors
- Work experience in an innovative reception center for newcomers
In this role, you will:
- Provide customer service and respond to inquiries from vulnerable beneficiaries, as well as the reception service volunteers
- Perform reception procedures following an established protocol.
- Meet daily with the beneficiaries of the transition center to monitor their needs according to the ACFO-SDG formula.
- Ensure reception and listening to beneficiaries
- Ensure shelving and monitoring of emergency store inventory
- Carry out regular follow-up with beneficiaries, ensure their well-being and the smooth running of their procedures
- Fill and follow the database to ensure and facilitate the offer of services to beneficiaries
- Work under the responsibility of the site coordinator for the implementation of events.
- Provide beneficiaries with referrals to community partners, following the ACFO SDG reception model
- Write daily reports for the Site Coordinator to review.
- Attend team meetings and help improve the process for beneficiaries and newcomers.
What we are looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and/or English
- Proficiency in other languages
- Proficiency in the use of the MS Office suite
- Ability to effectively solve problems, organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, empathy, and the ability to handle difficult situations
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- First aid certificate or personal care experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Candidates may send their cover letter and curriculum vitae, in PDF format, by email to Céline Baillargeon-Tardif at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank everyone who has expressed an interest in this position. However, we will only contact those selected for the interview stage.