The Association des communautés francophones de l'Ontario, de Stormont, Dundas et Glengarry (ACFO SDG) at the service of Francophones and Francophiles.
ACFO SDG supports:
- A community proud of its identity ;
- Increased youth participation; and
- A strengthened community sector;
- Municipalities engaged as active partners;
- Improved and measurable community cohesion;
- a viable and sustainable Francophone living environment where results are measurable.
ACFO SDG: an organization recognized as a leader in the community of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
ACFO SDG is a leader that facilitates the collaboration of the forces that contribute to the vitality of the Francophone community throughout the territory. Practicing open leadership, ACFO SDG engages all stakeholders in a collective work for a sustained community cohesion. As a local leader, ACFO SDG contributes to the application and success of the Logic Model of the Provincial Network of Ontario (Réseau ACFO) as well as to the influence of the provincial francophonie as a whole.
ACFO SDG is the umbrella organization for Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, offering innovative community, cultural, recreational and economic services to a proud and diverse community.
ACFO SDG has a clear mandate from the community to implement its community plan which is based on the following four strategic pillars
- Leadership and Community Cohesion
- Advocacy and collaboration with governments
- Outreach and Celebration
- Organizational Performance
- To be a key resource for Francophones and Francophiles in the Stormont Dundas and Glengarry area.
- To promote active participation and community cohesion while strengthening links between organizations, institutions, businesses and partners.
- To carry out social, cultural, recreational and economic activities of impact.
- To be a spokesperson for the Francophonie and to promote services in French.